background

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Adjustments & Compromise


My dearest family and friends, 

First I would like to apologize for my terrible writing skills. I don't have much time to write so I am not checking grammar as much as I can. Maybe my mom will edit it for me.

Her companion in the MTC, Sister Griffes

This week has been tough. A mission is definitely not easy and neither is Español. I have however had many spiritually uplifting moments that have helped me build my testimony. Not only that, but my district is amazing. I love each and every one of them so much!


So Mexico is beautiful, and least from where the CCM is. Its so cool to observe other cultures and see the ways they are different from us here. There are definitely some really horrible drivers here. We constantly hear car horns and police sirens going off. Another thing we hear all the time is fireworks. They let them off every single day. They definitely love their country here!


Mexico is beautiful but it is definitely so hard to be here. A mission is a huge adjustment. You are with the same person all day, everyday. I never realized how much we take advantage of our individuality in our everyday lives. We don't need someone to go with us when we need to use the restroom and our decisions don't have to depend on others preferences, they are just our own. Here we must compromise and follow one another everywhere. The rule is that your companion must be within seeing and hearing distance of you. Individuality to me was just one of those things I didn't realize was a huge blessing in my life until I gave it up. My companion and I however, have a ton of fun together and we laugh all the time. Her name is Hermana Griffes and she is just wonderful. 


Spanish is so hard. I'm kind of getting the language but not as well as I would have hoped. I don't know what I was expecting but for some reason I can memorize words but I can never seem to form a sentence. I also tend to forget the words when I need them most. 

This is a danger zone in case the fire alarms go off - haha!

I will say this, although it is hard and I feel overwhelmed at times I know that this is where I must be. I am not here for my own reasons but I am here to serve the Lord. This few sacrifices are nothing compared to the blessings I know will come. I would encourage everyone who is close to the missionary age to pray to know if they should go on a mission. 

Also don't forget to write! You can send letter directly to me and I will get them the next day if you send them off of this website. 

www.missionarypackagemx.com - (Send to Mexico MTC, her full name is Hermana Kendyll Gilchrist)

You can also send snacks if you want ;) but I would deeply appreciate the support if you could write me! 

Anyways, as Brielle would say...
Stay Fierce!
Love, 

Hermana Gilchrist

No comments:

Post a Comment