background

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Volleyball Graduate

My Dearest Family and Friends, 

This week has been pretty good! I finally feel like I´m starting to actually learn the language. It´s very broken Spanish, but I can now teach a lesson without notes. It feels so good. I can also understand pretty well as long as the person talking to me is speaking slowly, and in very simple terms.


During the week we mostly study. We do have class every morning and night and then during the day we have two investigators that we are teaching. They are just teachers who are acting as investigators but it is good practice. I'm still very nervous teaching but I seem to have opened up a lot more. It´s definitely a huge adjustment to be here. 

My district and I normally play volleyball everyday for gym. It’s a ton of fun but I am not that good at it. I actually have two big bruises, one on each hand, from playing. I finally however learned how to actually serve the ball. It took two weeks but I got it! Before I would just throw the ball over. Everyone told me I "graduated" from volleyball once I got it over. It’s just nice to have a break from studying everyday and to just laugh. It’s a lot of fun. 

Other than that there isn´t much to report but I would love to hear from all of you! I miss each and every one of you so much! This is honestly so hard but I know in the end it will be worth it. I love you all!!!


Love, Hermana Gilchrist

No comments:

Post a Comment