background

Monday, November 17, 2014

Obeying with Exactness

Dearest Family and Friends,
       Things are going great here in Paso Robles. The weather is a little chilly and so I do often wear a coat, but it is just so gorgeous here. I also love the people so much. They are so kind and willing to talk and listen. This week was amazing. On Tuesday we had the opportunity to go on exchanges. It was so nice to work with the Sister Training Leaders and to learn from them. I went on exchanges with an amazing Hermana, Hermana Smith. She was so kind and helped me work on the goal of talking with everyone. On top of that, this week has just been full of miracles. One miracle occurred just yesterday, Sunday the 16th. We had two less active members attend church as well as two investigators. One of the investigators, Andrea, had only been met with once and we just felt like messaging her to invite her to church. She has only had one lesson when first contacted and she came to church. It was very exciting to see. 


All of these pictures are of Ventura not Paso Robles where I am serving. 
I only have these because my camera has been dead for two weeks. SORRY


       My companion is one of the most obedient of the people I have met. She has the strongest desire to obey with exactness and show her true devotion to the Lord. Her example is such a blessing to me. She has shown me this strong desire, which in turn, gives me this same desire for myself. Obeying with exactness is so important because in order to teach others we must become leaders. Leaders like Christ who led by example. We must show our devotion to the Lord because those we teach see these things. She has helped me extend my desire to be obedient to even the smallest of things.


       I would like to share an experience with you about a miracle that really touched my heart this week. My companion and I were trying to find some specific people but at each door, there was no answer. We had some time before our next appointment and decided to knock but had no idea where. I turned to her and we started walking. I followed as we walked across the entire apartment complex to the other side. We looked around and I asked her to pick a door. She walked up to the door and knocked. We didn't know the young women but she immediately invited us in. At the end of having an amazing discussion with us she told us the reason she let us into the house was the feeling we had with us. I know that the Lord has prepared so many people to learn of this gospel. My companion followed the spirit and we were able to find this young lady and talk to her. I know that by following the Holy Ghost we can find those in need of our help.

With love,
Hermana Gilchrist 

* You can also now send letters using Dear Elder.

No comments:

Post a Comment