background

Monday, November 10, 2014

Paso Robles

Dear family and friends,
       So this week has been lovely. I have come to love the area of Paso Robles so much. It is so gorgeous here, especially with the changing colors of fall. There are leaves everywhere and I love going out of my way to step on them (something about the sound makes me happy.) Its so Rural and cute here. Also the weather is perfect here, its chilly at night and then warm during the day. The members in the Spanish branch are few but they each have such strong testimonies. Although I don't understand everything they are saying, I love talking with them. They each have unique stories and so much love for the gospel. I also love going out and teaching so much. One of the investigators we teach is a lovely young lady by the name of Amy. We can tell she knows the gospel is true, she just hasn't come to that realization yet. We just need to get her to pray. We are planning on readdressing her about baptism in our next visit. I seriously love teaching others about the gospel. It is amazing.


       I have the cutest Trainer/companion, Hermana Player. She is so sweet, kind and very loving. You can tell that she loves doing missionary work and that she truly wants to help others. Although she claims to be shy, she always knows exactly what to say to people. This is such a good quality to have, especially for a mission. You can definitely see the light of Christ in her eyes.


      I also had the opportunity to do quite a bit of service this week. We serve at the wellness kitchen every Wednesday and help make food. It is such a cool experience to serve there. We also had a member call for help on her house. Her name is Jenny. She has been in an out of the hospital for a year and is finally doing better. She takes care of her mom in her house. Because she has been gone for so long it has been hard for her to keep her house in tact. We had the opportunity to help her clean her kitchen and paint some of her walls. The reaction when we were done was priceless. You could tell it meant so much to her that we had helped. It seemed as though she was about to cry. I absolutely love serving others. The fact that I can make someone feel that good inside, makes me so happy. 
       My testimony here has already grown so much. In the beginning it was very hard to talk to others. I needed help and I had to pray. I have always had what I thought to be a strong testimony on prayer but never as strong as it is now. I had to pray so much for the help to do this. And Heavenly Father has definitely answered my prayers. In small ways but that is exactly what I needed. For example the other day I wasn't feeling to happy and my companion just randomly told me she loved me. This small gesture meant so much to me. I was asking for help and my prayer had been answered in this small way. I know that Christ answers our prayers. It may not be immediately or exactly the way we want them to be answered but he does answer them. 
       I love and miss all of you! Hope all is well!
       
Love, 
Hermana Gilchrist

No comments:

Post a Comment