background

Monday, November 24, 2014

Pretty Shy

Dearest Family and Friends,
       Not much to report this week but a lot of teaching and finding others to teach. Hermana Player (my companion) and I have a new investigator named Andrea. She attended church last week and we met with her this Friday. When we talked with her, we taught the restoration and she said she related to Joseph Smith and his want for the truth. She is so curious about our beliefs and I think she was shocked somewhat because we were able to answer all of her questions. She has so many more and we ran out of time but i cant wait to teach her again. She says she is trying to find that one true church so I'm so excited. She is currently reading in the Book of Mormon. 
       This week me and my companion have been working on talking with everyone. Sometimes it is very hard because the nerves get to us. Both Hermana Player and I can be pretty shy and so it can be a challenge to stop others on the street or even to knock. Working with each other has been great because we have been able to challenge on another. We have decided to take turns talking with others. Slowly I can see a difference in how we work. We are talking to more people and sharing the message with which we want to share. I want to tell as many people about this gospel because it has made me so happy!
       This week we also the opportunity to attend Zone conference. While I was there, my testimony on teaching by the spirit definitely increased. I know that when we teach, it doesn't matter what we want to say or how we want to teach, but it is through the spirit that we must learn to teach. We must allow the Holy Ghost to testify through us of the fullness of this gospel and its truths. I'm so Happy to have the opportunity to teach others of Gods love for them. 
        I love you all so much and hope to hear from you soon! I hope all is well!

Love,
Hermana Gilchrist

No comments:

Post a Comment