background

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

He is the Gift

Dearest Friends and Family,

       As I serve in the area of Paso Robles, I've learned and definitely grown as a missionary. One thing that me and my companion, Hermana Player have been working on is a goal to talk with everyone. Before I served I didn't really realize how hard it would be to stop people on the street. It’s so nerve racking to do. This week, however, we have done so well with talking to everyone. This is mainly from the new "He is the gift initiative." I absolutely love this initiative. (If you haven't seen the video it is only two minutes long and so amazing. I will put a link on the bottom.) We have talked to so many people and we even find the strength to stop people while they are walking by. It’s amazing to me how the people we weren't planning on talking to, the ones that you just cross paths with, are the ones who are more receptive. You see so many miracles from talking to everyone. 
       We had the opportunity to teach a family this week. We hadn't planned on knocking on this door but we decided to try. We didn't know them, and they didn't know us but the immediately let us in. We had the opportunity to teach them the entire restoration. It was so amazing and they were so receptive to it. They were truly interested and truly listened to what we had to say. The spirit was so strong during the lesson and we were just so happy when we walked out at the end of the lesson. I know that people are truly prepared for us and that we just need to rely on the spirit to guide us. 
       I'm so lucky to be serving in this amazing mission and although it is sometimes difficult it is definitely worth every second. 

Hermana Gilchrist

P.S. I love and miss every single one of you and thank you so much for writing to me. It means SO much! 


(*Click on words above to see video)

No comments:

Post a Comment